The Global Aging Data Repository is an incredibly robust storehouse of population survey data and tools that facilitate cross-national studies of aging. This diverse, international platform includes:
- Meta data from all Health and Retirement Study (HRS)-family surveys
- Data from other major global initiatives *
- Digital library of survey questions
- Search engine for finding comparable questions across surveys and within a survey over time
- Set of identically defined (harmonized) variables for cross-country analysis
- Population and sub-population estimates for key harmonized variables
- Interactive graphs and tables to quickly examine selected variables and compare characteristics of older populations in more than 25 countries
- A wiki system for researcher comment and input
You can access the website through this link: Gateway To Global Aging Data.
* In addition to HRS-family data, the repository encompasses the English Longitudinal Study on Ageing; the Survey of Health, Ageing, and Retirement in Europe; the Korean Longitudinal Study on Aging; the Chinese Health and Retirement Longitudinal Survey; the Mexican Health and Aging Study; the Japanese Study of Aging and Retirement; the Longitudinal Aging Survey in India; the Indonesian Family Life Survey; the Irish Longitudinal Study of Aging; and, the Study on Global Ageing and Adult Health.
For questions about the Global Aging Data Repository, contact us.