We are offering a small number of bursaries for low-income residents who study or work in the behavioral economics field. This includes doctoral students, academics and staff of local non-governmental organizations.
The bursaries will cover one return economy class ticket from your city to Singapore, as well as the full conference fee.
The deadline for applications for bursaries is 11.59 pm Eastern Standard Time on the 26 May 2015. Applications received after this date will not be accepted. We will be notifying successful applicants by 10 June 2015. Due to the large volume of expected applications we will not be notifying unsuccessful candidates.
The applicant must:
- Be a citizen or resident of the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Myanmar;
- Be at least 21 years of age;
- Have completed at least an undergraduate degree from an accredited university in one of the following fields: Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Behavioral Sciences.
- Be fluent in English.
AND one of the three conditions below
- Be registered as a full-time student in a Masters or Doctoral level program at an accredited university in one of the following fields: Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Behavioral Sciences
- Be a full-time employee of an institution of higher education in the following fields: Economics, Public Health, Public Policy, Sociology, Behavioral Sciences
- Be a full-time employee of a local non-profit, non-governmental organization working in the health, financial capability and related fields;
Eligible applicants should complete the form below, including a statement of purpose and a CV. We will request references and other supporting material for those shortlisted to receive a bursary.
The bursaries consist of:
- Full conference fee (excluding attendance to pre-conference workshops), and
- Return economy-class fare from the successful applicant’s city to Singapore.
Flights will be booked by the conference organizers. No cash exchanges will be allowed. We will not cover the costs of accommodation in Singapore, obtaining a visa to attend, transfers and/or per diems. Will we not provide assistance with visa applications beyond providing a letter of confirmation that you have been awarded a bursary to attend this conference.